mimiwontonknits

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Sidetrack Project

Well, the baby sweater and hat from 'baby knits for beginners' by Debbie Bliss, (the first project in the "Year of Books") is blocking. Pics of it along with the book will go up once it gets seamed. I'm going to try to chronical this little knitting adventure I've created for myself.....on a consistent basis for a change...lol!

First sidetrack project cropped up after we visited a new little shop in Claremore, OK this past weekend called "Unwind, A Yarn Shop". It's only been open since around the first of December. I had been following her progress up to it's opening on her blog and through Ravelry. When we decided to go that direction on our little weekend rv trip I just had to pop in and see it in person.

She was working on a sweater from a new yarn from Nashua Handknits called Daylily. I liked the feel and texture of the fabric and one of the patterns in the leaflet for the yarn called my name!

Here is a shot of the yarn.

I wanted to do the long sleeve version of the sweater, but she didn't have enough of the yarn so am doing the short sleeve one. It is predominantly cotton so the short sleeves might be better anyway! One thing I had forgotten.....knitting stuff out of some cottons is hard on the pinkies! Using a lot of hand lotion since I started this one.


Have about 10 1/2 inches on the front done...moving right along....have to get finished so I can pull the next book!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home