mimiwontonknits

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Blog?....What Blog?

The title says it all!

You would think I forgot I even have a blog it has been so long since I posted. Heaven knows, there probably isn't anyone out there who checks for posts anymore!

Since my last post life just spun out of control and the blogging world was the last thing on my mind! Since May of last year we have moved, myself and family members have had major health issues and we were inundated with a multitude of out of town guests.....hence no posts. As in anyone's life a lot has happened in the past year. Way too much to address in one post....or two!

The best and most exciting news is that grand baby # 9 is on the way and due the first week in April! Needless to say Mimi has been knitting a lot for little Miss Alexa in the past few months!
The first sonogram indicated she was going to be a boy so the first thing I did is not as girly....but I think adding a cute little skirt & leggings.....and maybe some embellishment for the hat will "frilly" it up just enough.It is the Bubble set from Knit Picks.

I also did a pram/carseat blanket for her. The standard blankets always are too big and bulky.
I just used up a bunch of left-over sock yarns from the stash on it.

Next I did the cutest little pleated skirt out of Bernat Baby Jacquard.
There are other things on the needles that I will post about later, but this is good for now I think!

We are heading to Dallas this weekend for her first baby shower! I'm so excited! Her bedding is the cutest thing ever! A sweet safari theme with lavender, soft browns, cream and soft green.

I made a diaper cake around the color theme using the stuffed monkey that coordinates with the bedding. It was such fun to do.
I could ramble on endlessly on here but for now this post about Alexa will have to do.

3 Comments:

  • At 5:17 AM, Blogger Linda said…

    Welcome back! Hope everyone is doing better.

     
  • At 7:48 AM, Blogger CurliSu said…

    I have not only been not blogging, I have been not reading blogs, but I read yours today. Looks like you've had an eventful year, with both good and bad things happening.
    Beautiful knitting, as usual - who is having the baby? My son and family are expecting a little girl too - due YESTERDAY and not here yet!
    How does the Mystery Book thing work? It looks challenging.
    Miss you!

     
  • At 12:39 PM, Blogger savyjade said…

    I am glad you put the pics of your baby knits up. I love you tons.You are amazing.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home